Author Archives: kedsshoes

FIFA again bans Iraq from hosting friendlies

FIFA again bans Iraq from hosting friendlies

FIFA on Wednesday barred Iraq from hosting international football friendlies due to a massive surge in nationwide violence, barely three months after world football’s governing body gave Baghdad the go-ahead.

The Iraqi Football Association (IFA) was informed of the ban in a notification from FIFA, which cited a spike in unrest that has left more than 2,500 dead from April through June and at least 123 killed in the first three days of July alone.

“Today, we received a notification from FIFA to stop hosting any friendly matches in stadiums in Iraq at the current time, and until further notice, due to the wave of violence,” said Naim Saddam, an IFA official.

“This is regrettable.”

FIFA in March lifted a ban on Iraq hosting international football friendlies and the country promptly staged a match with neighbouring Syria in Baghdad’s Shaab stadium just days later, with the national side subsequently facing off with Liberia.

The initial friendly had marked a key step in Iraq’s re-emergence on the world stage after decades of conflict and sanctions.

But the country has been hit by a marked increase in violence since, with recent attacks also targeting football pitches and cafes where Iraqis were watching the sport on television.

In June alone, more than 60 people were killed in at least 10 bombings targeting pitches and cafes, according to an AFP tally.

Ben Spies Pessimistic Can Go Faster

Ben Spies Pessimistic Can Go Faster

Ben Spies. (Foto: Daylife)

BOLOGNA – Ben Spies said that he would come back down to race with Pramac Ducati at Indianapolis MotoGP series on 16-18 August, Spies admitted that his condition was in good condition.

Spies has indeed been absent long enough after a severe shoulder injury since the accident at the Malaysian MotoGP series 2012. Spies who had been absent for seven series this season admitted injury had recovered.

“For the first time in months, I felt very happy because my shoulder in a very good condition. Decision is best right back in the moment. Doctors say that my recovery goes according to plan, so I wanted to get back at Indy with conditions 100 percent, “he said.

Spies who resigned from the Yamaha Factory Racing at the end of last year, not sure I can achieve good results in his debut later. The reason, he has gone through a lot of races this season.

“I missed so many races, and I do not ever be 100 percent. Now I am more confident about my recovery. However I am not sure I can directly go fast, since I had not been driving,” he said as reported by MCN.

About his future, Spies admits she still has a contract until 2014 with the Ducati satellite team. He also just want to focus and not think about the race will move to gossip today.

“There are so many rumors about what I would do in the future, but I just laugh to read it all on the internet. Obviously, I was ready to back away,” he concluded.

Massa: Ferrari at the Hungaroring could Competitive

Massa: Ferrari at the Hungaroring could Competitive

Budapest – Felipe Massa was reluctant to accept the notion that Ferrari will be trouble at this weekend’s Hungarian GP. He still has confidence that his team can compete with its rivals.

Formula 1 tenth series will be held Sunday (28/07/2013) in the circuit Hongaroring. This circuit is known for its characteristic narrow and winding.

“People say that the characteristics of our car did not fit with this circuit and it will be difficult for us to be able to compete for victory,” Massa said as quoted by Crash.

“But I’m not sure this is an accurate assessment, because previously there are other circuits in which we assessed will appear tough and the going is not so. Vice versa, the opposite.”

According to 32 riders this year, as long as can well understand the circuit and find the right settings to devour corners Hungaroring, the opportunity to compete with rival will still be there. He also hopes his team can look slick and reverse the presumption.

“The most important thing is as soon as possible to understand very well how the car reacts. Circuit requires as much downforce as possible, because of the speed on the straights here not too important.”

“You need a very stable car and it would be good for the tires to avoid relegation. I think we can be competitive, so I hope our weekend runs contrary to what people expect,” he said.

Massa is currently still at number seven rider standings with 57 points. He is 100 points behind Sebastian Vettel is on top of the standings. So far he has only once on the podium, while finishing third in the Spanish GP.

Future related, Crutchlow Five Team Approach

Future related, Crutchlow Five Team Approach

Cal Crutchlow. (Foto: Getty Images)

CALIFORNIA – Cal Crutchlow said that he would not be too hasty in making a decision about his future in MotoGP next season. Although, the Tech 3 Yamaha rider was approaching five teams.

Crutchlow are confident that the results on the mat finish seventh MotoGP race at Laguna Seca United States did not change everything. Because the performance is currently still making interest other teams to sign him.

“I think we were at Laguna Seca result does not change anything about my future. Thing is clear so far I always go faster and be a tough challenge rivals. Though the race at Laguna Seca goes bad, it is not changing anything,” he said.

Drivers who currently lie fifth MotoGP standings states would take a decision after Indianapolis MotoGP title, next August. Although, he admitted that he is negotiating with five teams.

“I’m not going to rush to make a decision and I’m also not going to make any decisions at Indy. I still need time to think about it. I was talking with five teams, and not just from this championship. So we’ll see,” he said as Crash reported.

British rider claimed it wanted to move to a factory team in order to achieve maximum results. Ducati itself be the strongest candidate for him, following the departure of Nicky Hayden certainty to the Superbike arena.

Football: AirAsia signs three-year sponsorship deal with FAS

Football: AirAsia signs three-year sponsorship deal with FAS

SINGAPORE: Malaysian budget carrier AirAsia has signed a three-year sponsorship deal with the Football Association of Singapore (FAS).

The sponsorship, worth S $ 1.8 million, will include flights of for the under-21, under-23 and senior national teams, as well as the National Football Academy’s age-group teams and women’s teams.

The partnership with FAS is set to provide the Necessary support to the association to further gamers footballing success and raise standards for all levels. The Singapore national football team are the recent Victors of the ASEAN Football Federation (AFF) Suzuki Cup campaign.

AirAsia will also offer “attractive travel packages” for football fans traveling to away matches, it said in a release.

“I never looked at the commercial aspirations … but to aim high and do something meaningful for Singapore football,” said AirAsia Group CEO Tony Fernandes.

“Having AirAsia on the Singapore jersey is important, we want to put forward the message that we want to do better, that we want to dream. We hope to be part of that success; to help some of those young kids Realise their aspirations. ”

Mr Fernandes added that the sponsorship does not have “a fixed set of rules”.

“Whatever comes up with the FAS and requires our assistance, we are ready to help,” he said.

AirAsia has a track record of sports sponsorship, having backed the English Premiership football team Queens Park Rangers, Lotus Formula 1 outfit, the ASEAN Basketball League and MotoGP.

FAS President Zainudin Nordin said he is “absolutely thrilled to have concluded an agreement with an organization of AirAsia’s caliber and reputation”.

“We are really thankful to Tony Fernandes and AirAsia for their staunch support for football and we are looking forward to working closely with them to further promote the sport in the coming years,” he said.

He added: “It is a positive thing for us, Because Mr Fernandes and AirAsia are supporting youth, and sports in particular.”

Moyes: Rooney to Sweden

Moyes: Rooney to Sweden

Moyes: Rooney ke Swedia

Yokohama – Manchester United’s manager, David Moyes, make sure Wayne Rooney will join teammate during a visit to Sweden in a pre-season tour of 2013. “As far as we know, Rooney will come,” said the former Everton’s tactics interpreter, Tuesday, July 23, 2013.
Rooney can not follow the Manchester United pre-season tour to Asia because of a hamstring injury. Rooney got injured when carrying out joint exercises in Thailand. Because seriously, who has the nickname Shrek striker was sent home to England.
Rooney also had predicted should istrihat for one month. This means that Rooney will not undergo a preseason game match other MU. The 27-year-old, said Moyes, his physical condition has improved. “Right now, he has started to jog,” said the man’s passport Scotland.
In addition, Moyes also discuss the future of Rooney was a warm conversation. Moyes insists Everton’s academy dropout to survive in the MU. “We and the club said that he tida tela for sale. Was not going to change,” said 50-year-old coach.
As is known, Rooney wanted to leave Manchester United because the club was not happy at Manchester City’s neighbors. Several Premier League’s top clubs were trying to capitalize on this situation. Chelsea and Arsenal rumored to be the club’s most industrious Rooney hook.

MotoGP boss Impressed Circuit Design Wales

MotoGP boss Impressed Circuit Design Wales

Rancangan Circuit of Wales (Circuitofwales.com)

MADRID – who is also CEO of Dorna MotoGP boss Carmelo Ezpeleta, was impressed with the design of Circuit of Wales, which is planned to be completed by 2015. There is a discourse that allows that this circuit, a replacement will be fit for Silverstone.

Circuit which will cost around 250 million pounds, it will not only extend MotoGP. Management will also be working to bring the circuit as well as a number of other event, such as the World Superbikes, World Motocross and World Touring Cars.

Ezpeleta own hopes project located in Ebbw Vale would be completed on time, so that 2015 can be added to the agenda for the 2015 MotoGP Grand Prix United Kingdom. Considering the possibility that the greater cooperation with Silverstone, will expire in 2014.

“If this circuit can pass the standardized test, hopefully we can soon bring MotoGP to here. Fantastic design. I think this circuit will be an important program for all MotoGP and motorsport event overall, “beber Ezpeleta, as excerpted Crash, Saturday (02/02/2013).

“The design will also be a great benefit for the area and the people around here. I am sure, they will also help to many things needed for this program. We have also been cooperating with them and will continue to do. We are very pleased with this circuit program.

F1 boss Ecclestone charged in bribery case

F1 boss Ecclestone charged in bribery case

Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone has been charged by German prosecutors with paying a $44 million bribe, placing his future as head of the motor sport series in doubt.

The 82-year-old British billionaire has been under investigation since a German banker was convicted of taking the payment from him in connection with the sale of a stake in F1.

The Munich state court said Ecclestone has until mid-August to respond to charges of bribery and incitement to breach of trust in connection with Gerhard Gribkowsky’s management of the bankBayernLB’s 47 percent stake in F1.

Ecclestone, the longtime commercial head of F1, acknowledged during Gribkowsky’s trial in 2011 that he made the payment five years earlier but said he was pressured to do so.

Ecclestone’s indictment was dated on May 10 and has since been translated into English and delivered to Ecclestone and his lawyers, the court said.

”The lawyers have accepted an indictment,” Ecclestone told The Associated Press. ”It means they have to reply to the indictment, which they are strenuously doing.”

Ecclestone, who Forbes magazine reports is worth $3.8 billion, said he is yet to read the indictment.

”They are alleging I bribed someone,” Ecclestone said, while insisting he did ”nothing illegal.”

Sentences in Germany for bribery range from three months to 10 years in prison.

CVC Capital Partners, the investment group that has owned F1’s commercial rights since 2006, issued no direct comment Wednesday about the future of Ecclestone.

”Mr. Ecclestone has six weeks to provide a response to this bill of indictment prior to a decision being made by the court on opening proceedings,” the board of Formula One Group said in a statement. ”The board will continue to monitor developments in this situation accordingly.”

Ecclestone was retained as chief executive of F1 by CVC after it took control of the sport following the takeover that sparked the bribery case.

Gribkowsky was in charge of selling BayernLB’s stake in F1 to CVC.

In addition to taking the money from Ecclestone, Gribkowsky used BayernLB’s funds to pay the F1 chief a commission of $41.4 million and agreed to pay a further $25 million to Bambino Trust, a company with which Ecclestone was affiliated, prosecutors said during the trial in 2011.

Ecclestone told the court he deserved a commission for the sale, saying ”I did a very, very good job.”

On Wednesday, he told the AP: ”They wanted money. I was shaken down by the guys. It’s happened in life before.”

Gribkowsky, who has largely admitted the charges, was sentenced to 8 1/2 years in prison after being found guilty last year of corruption, tax evasion and breach of trust.

Ecclestone’s German lawyers, Sven Thomas and Norbert Scharf, said they will soon submit a ”comprehensive response” to the court – and the central issue in that response will be ”the varying ‘confessions’ of Mr. Gribkowsky.”

Ecclestone was savvy in building his power base in F1 from the 1970s and helped to create the Formula One Constructors’ Association that controlled the business side of the sport, including selling the TV rights.

The British-based company later became known as Formula One Management. It has fought regular tussles with the teams over finances, but has retained control of the global motor racing series.

CVC, having amassed a 63 percent stake of F1, has reduced its holding as other investors have come on board in recent years, although a planned flotation has stalled.

Ecclestone’s holding has been diluted to about 5 percent.

Geir Mouslon in Munich contributed to this report.

For the 2014 World Cup, Di Natale Reject AC Milan Bids

For the 2014 World Cup, Di Natale Reject AC Milan Bids

 

Italian veteran striker Antonio Di Natale turned down an offer to join AC Milan in the transfer market this summer. Di Natale Udinese chose to spend his career with a chance to keep the World Cup 2014.

Demonstrated commitment to continuing to strengthen Udinese after the players agreed to extend his contract with the team based at the Stadio Friulli it alone until 2015 Di Natale Udinese costumed been nine years since imported in 2004 from Empoli after being loaned to a number of clubs.

Udinese, he has appeared in 298 by scoring 158 party big gol.Naluri scored Milan seems to be the main reason for recruiting Di Natale despite the age of the players have stepped 35 years.

“I thank coach (Milan), Massimiliano Allegri and Vice-President, Adriano Galliani over bid (strengthening Milan),” Di Natale said as quoted by the Italian Football.

Di Natale explained, Milan are not the only team that made ​​a bid proposal to his agent. “But I have always insisted, wanted to end my career at Udinese,” he said.

According to Di Natale, Udinese persist in making chances of playing in the 2014 World Cup have always maintained regular play. Through appearances in the 2013-14 season, he wants to prove to the Azzurri coach, Cesare Prandelli, he is still worth a grand event was brought to the World Cup class.

“To be able to play in the Maracana, only once in a lifetime. If unable to do so, it was like adding icing to the cake my gait is very fantastic.”

“However, to convince Prandelli, I have to think about consistency, both in practice and makes a great season for Udinese,” Di Natale said.